Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year, Same me

So it's obviously New Years Eve and I should talk about some resolutions. I should talk about my shortcomings and ponder on the last year's numerous highs and lows. I should share some resolutions and goals. But I'm tired and frankly, I just haven't given it any thought. I'm a sanguine (borderline phlegmatic) and   even as the whole world is abuzz with New Year's hope and anticipation I am unmoved. Not that I don't find value in goals or resolutions, I just haven't got one at the moment......
So here's a highlight from yesterday out at my granny's house. She's become quite a regular here on the blog, much to her chagrin. 

 She had told me she got another car. She didn't tell me it was 1949 Plymouth Voyager.
 She was out lookin for a yard sale, saw this beauty parked on the side of the road and stopped to admire.
Went home and slept on it but the next mornin when she woke up thinkin about it she just knew :)

 Beautiful car. Beautiful lady. 




Check out the horn on this relic! 
 Probably the highlight of our trip was right at this moment.......

9 comments:

  1. You're so interesting and unique. Such a gem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What do you say to that? I guess you just deflect by saying granny is the cool one ;) Thanks, Pam. You're a sparkly one yourself.

      Delete
  2. Wow!!! How could she leave that out ?!?!? It's a beauty and in such good shape! My boyfriends family own a lot of old cars and I've gotten obsessed with their 60s era Mini Cooper and volkswagins, but damn, that car is pretty perfecr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She said it was old and that I'd like it. Just gettin in her bid on "understatement of the year" before the close of 2012, I suppose. When I was datin my husband he worked as "detail boy" at an Antique car lot and we got a steal on a 70 ragtop Mustang. Stick close to that family ;)

      Delete
  3. Your Granny is awesome!..and so is that car!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear I didn't even make it in the house with my bags before we bee-lined to that car! Granny is pretty amazing, I am glad I got such a good one :)

      Delete
  4. WOW! What a car! I just love her for buying that. And yep, both she and the car are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The things we love in the world of vintage are just old friends to her. She's a very awesome and sweet lady :) I am blessed to have such a wonderful granny.

      Delete