Monday, December 10, 2012

A Hot Mess Santa

I got these a couple weeks ago at Herb's with the intention of doin some cosmetic procedures. Like a lot of things in my life, just aint got around to it yet......

 Their hair is just spillin out all glorious like.  I'm sure they had a tighter curl back in the day. 
 The pages are so old and brittle, just the slightest bump makes em all crumbly. Don't worry, I AM going to save these wonderful guys. I will probably use a medium other than magzines, somethin that will last through time. Cuz you know out of three kids one of em has got to have the gene to "appreciate" vintage and will want to share these with their kids :)
 It was cool though that I found this ad in one of my mom's old crafting mags from the 70's. She said she remembers making a pair when she was younger :)

4 comments:

  1. i hope you can save them! they are so cute, even with that beautiful flowing hair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have extensions as bad as Britney Spears. But I bet they'll clean up nicer ;)

      Delete
  2. I for one want that nautically decorated ice bucket

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be on the lookout.
      You don't miss a thing, Miss Jones ;)

      Delete