Thursday, December 6, 2012

Makin nice at the farm

Last Saturday we went out to the tree farm with my parents. I am posting some happy shiny photos but honestly, I hate stuff like that. Haven't always, just bein with 3 small children whose instincts compel them to run away from the safety of their parents in any public setting kinda frazzles your nerves. I miss the casual stroll. I miss the leisurely lunch. I miss the sleepin in on weekend mornings...... Kids make you old. That's just all there is to it. But oh well. 4 out of 4 people die..... so anyway, here's those pics. I skip over other's blogs about tree farms (BO-ring) so feel free to do the same.


 Lawsuit waitin to happen....




 This picture makes my gizzard sad. Whatever that means.
 We joke through everything in our family. Professional rug-sweeper-unders. But that's the thing about families. It can be all kinds of hell internally but we come together and do life. Dolly Parton wrote the best song about it.
























 When it's family, you forgive them for they know not what they do 
When it's family, you accept them, 'cause you have no choice but to 
When it's family, they're a mirror of the worst and best in you 
And they always put you to the test 
And you always try to do your best 
And just pray for God to do the rest, when it's family ....... 
                                                 ~Dolly Parton

2 comments: