Monday, November 12, 2012

Party pooper

Thursday night my buddy came to spend the night with us so we could get my birthday on the next day. I realize it's odd and juvenile that I have sleepovers but honestly, don't you think sleepovers should be an adult privilege, anyway? You're mature enough to not try to sneak out windows, meet up with unsavory fellows, etc., etc.......... So, anyway she of course tried to guilt me out of yet another possession. She claims she has all these "collections" that "this would go perfect with" or "that is one I don't have yet" ,yadda yadda yadda. 
Here she is trying to steal my owl blanket. She has "a collection of this exact kind of blanket!" Go figure ;)
 She is a sweet gal and brought me a little roll of sushi. Didn't know they made a Texas roll. Maybe it's just a Texas thing. Whatever it is, I found out a bit later it was laced with E Coli/Salmonella cocktail.

 That night I got pretty dog sick. I mean really, really sick.............
This is not staged. This is me when she she came in to wake me up with her jolly birthday singing. I threw up a little in my mouth when she was singing. I'm very polite and don't throw up in front of folks.

 Skip to evening (the whole day is not worth mentioning, and pictures would've just been marbles).
.................................................................................................
.......................................................................
......................................................
......................................
.....................
 I guess it's really considered poor taste to keep your guests waiting around on your food poisoning recovery so after indulging in a couple of my kid's old prescriptions of Zofran and Promethazine(anti nausea knocker- outers) I was ready to party. From the bed of course.
 Delena got me the best gifts :) She also got me an owl printed bamboo curtain and some old cloth dolls to rework puppet magic on. Minus 6 points for using baby shower wrapping paper, though.

 Jerome was swell enough to buy me a card with the $20 he got off me earlier in the day. It was a pretty fitting card for the occasion.......

 And group signing like this is a frugal way for loved ones to show just how much they care.
These two are stupid for laying in bed next to someone who threw up more than 6 times in 12 hours. I need to find a smarter crowd. But maybe love is stupid, I suppose....
Dear 30, you arrived in a cruel, convulsing torrent. I do not think we will be friends.

1 comment:

  1. oh sweet Laura... I had a blast on ur birthday and sorry u missed it. Im glad u like ur stuff but u better believe im returning for that owl blanket. 30 will be ur best yr yet. Luv ya

    ReplyDelete