Monday, August 26, 2013

School time!

The girl's are off to school this morning and honestly, I feel a little lump in my throat.
Not because I have a hard time with them bein gone, I just feel like we weren't really prepared.
They both got new shoes but neither one got to do the American tradition of "back to school" shopping.
I told myself that it wouldn't be a big deal, we don't need to conform to the retail madness..... couldn't even if we wanted to ;) 
 Ava was pretty happy and she didn't mind that she had to use the A.L.F. lunch kit. Sarah wasn't havin any of the Roger Rabbit lunch box, however! She said "I hate old, mom! It's just old."
I didn't push it on her because I don't want her to grow up resenting vintage.... wow, did I really just say that?
 And she wasn't too thrilled with not bein able to wear her usual kimono, either. Sorry, baby, it's Daddy's new rule. What can you do?  
Oh, you can slump. That always seems to take the edge off for me, too. 
 But after all the wardrobe fuss (from me, too) ,
 as soon as we pulled up it was smiles all around :)
 And I know that they will be more than fine. 
I know that they will excel in everything they do,
 because they are so loved and treated as the gift that they truly are.

11 comments:

  1. What a exciting day for your girls and the faces they make in the pictures you show of them is just priceless. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their expressions are always so exaggerated, I know I've got a future theater geek on my hands ;)

      Delete
  2. Very cute back to school pics....one day they will learn to appreciate vintage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww... Nice to see it doesn't matter HOW you raise your kids... they're going to resent you for it. It's NOT just me!

    Seriously though, don't feel bad. You're doing a great job. Those kids have the goods. They are original. And you made that happen for them. (Although what's with the no kimono? I would KILL to rock a kimono!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Yes, we can't win!

      And as far as the "No more kimonos to school" rule, didn't you see? Daddy's rule. Momma just backs daddy up (giving even more reason to resent, I suppose) ;)
      Sarah wore a kimono over everything to school last year, like 4 days out of the week. You probably will recall that she is most often seen on my blog in some sort of Asian inspired get-up. I personally love her flair and own a couple silk, mandarin collared shirts myself ;)

      Delete
  4. JEANS! YOU GOT HER TO WEAR JEANS

    ReplyDelete
  5. look at gabe gabe he had his lunch kit lookin excited to go to :) and sarahs tucked in shirt and jeans too cute! LOVE that girl!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah insists on tuckin in her shirt. Mini Napolean....

      Delete
  6. oh my gosh sarah's FACE! she is going to HATE those back to school pictures in a few years, then hopefully when she grows up she will love them! HILARIOUS. poor thing having to wear pants to school.

    ReplyDelete